September is National Preparedness Month! Sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), it encourages Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, communities, and businesses.
Depiction, Inc., a National Preparedness Month Coalition Member, is hosting several events this September to help a wide range of people to enhance their preparedness by using GIS tools. Here are the events:
- Volunteer Teams: Neighborhood Preparedness Mapping (Wednesday, September 8th)
- Small and Medium Business Owners: Prepare Your Business for Disaster (Thursday, September 9)
- Emergency Managers: Technology Empowering Emergency Mangers (Tuesday, September 14)
- Volunteers: Preparing Your Community with Personal Technology (Thursday, September 16)
- Public Health: Depiction for Epidemiological Surveillance and Public Health Preparedness (Tuesday, September 23)
- Amateur Radio: Depiction, EmComm and Preparedness (Wednesday, September 29)
For more details, click here.
Sachiye Day, VERTICES intern